The End

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All was well.

2 posters

The third floor of that red-brick building with the giant clock on some campus somewhere

Olivia A.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia & Elroy Astor, Wallace Vainglory

Number of posts : 15932
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

The third floor of that red-brick building with the giant clock on some campus somewhere Empty The third floor of that red-brick building with the giant clock on some campus somewhere

Post  Olivia A. Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Seeing as it was mid-day and it was still exam week, the dorm was almost completely deserted.
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter, Clyde Fannings

Number of posts : 9112
    Registration date : 2009-04-18

The third floor of that red-brick building with the giant clock on some campus somewhere Empty Re: The third floor of that red-brick building with the giant clock on some campus somewhere

Post  Amanda Potter Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:22 pm

So no one even would notice Amanda, who looked out of place running towards the nearest red bricked building she could find. She luckily had found the dorm adviser lazily sitting at the desk, so she just used the 'invited girlfriend' excuse. After an hour long questioning from the adviser, Amanda was standing in front of Wallace's door. Knock, knock, knock.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

The third floor of that red-brick building with the giant clock on some campus somewhere Empty Re: The third floor of that red-brick building with the giant clock on some campus somewhere

Post  Olivia A. Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:26 pm

No response.
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter

Post  Amanda Potter Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Amanda knocked again, worry building up inside of her like it did at the publishing offices.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:28 pm

The floorboards creaked under her feet.
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter

Post  Amanda Potter Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:41 pm

It's the end of the school year, and the middle of the day. He's most probably taking his last exam. Amanda sighed, plopping herself down beside his door. She began to trace the patterns in the cheap carpet, getting a tingling sensation up her arm when she traced circles. She got bored after a long five minutes of this, and began to hunt for hidden shapes in said pattern. All she was able to find was some sort of frowning face with a distorted nose, and an old man wearing a toga.

A half hour had passed by, and she had already done everything she could figure out to waste time. Slowly, she began to doze off.

Amanda began falling, through nothing. Just falling and falling. It was actually quite comfortable, the rush of the wind hitting her body. Slowly, the darkness below her took shape. She was surrounded by the pattern of the rug. She began to freak out, flailing her legs and arms, trying to catch herself. When she hit the ground, there wasn't pain or gore, she just, melted through it. Amanda stood on a small patch of island in the middle of the ocean. Slowly against her will, she began moving towards the ocean. Amanda felt the water fill her lungs, and she couldn't move.

"Help!" Amanda screamed, eyes widened. She had woken up from her nightmare. Slowly she raised her wrist into view, twenty minutes had passed. She watched her stomach rise and fall with every time she inhaled and exhaled. Slowly, Amanda calmed herself down, and sat in front of the dorm room's door peacefully awaiting Wallace.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:49 pm

And, in fact, it would seem that classes had been let out only moments ago. Students were now swarming around the highway like flies in a fluorescent light tube.
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter

Post  Amanda Potter Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:53 pm

Amanda stood up, not wanting to have her legs stepped on. She skimmed the crowd, looking for Wallace's platinum blond curls.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Amanda was mistaken; his golden-brown ringlets were from his father. Plus, the hallway was too tightly packed to make out anyone besides the people you were directly next to.
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter

Post  Amanda Potter Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Amanda pressed herself against the door of his dorm, trying to make herself as small as possible.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:01 pm

A hand reached for the doorknob.
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter

Post  Amanda Potter Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:04 pm

And a hand with hot pink sharpie on it reached for the hand holding the doorknob, and grasped the wrist of it.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Wallace, taken by surprise, let out a very loud and high-pitched shriek. "WHAT-- Amanda!?"
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter

Post  Amanda Potter Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:11 pm

Amanda smiled. "I didn't know your voice could go that high!" She let out a small giggle, then her face dropped to a serious frown. "I need to ask you something."
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Wallace didn't know how to respond to this. Any of it. He'd thought that Amanda would live on with her tragic memory of her lost love, of course, but she'd have moved on at least! This was terrible! "Uh..."
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter

Post  Amanda Potter Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:49 pm

Amanda saw how flustered he was. Damn it. He thinks I'm a stalker. "Um, should we go into your dorm where it's quiet enough that you don't have to scream?"
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:49 pm

"A-actually," he stammered, "I was just going to go out again, so..."
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter

Post  Amanda Potter Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:51 pm

"Wallace. I need to ask you something!" Amanda's voice cracked in the middle of her sentence.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:40 pm

"One minute!" Wallace slipped into his dorm, closing and locking the door behind him.
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter

Post  Amanda Potter Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Amanda stood in front of the door, frowning. I guess this was stupid. Why would he care, we were only dating. Ish. I look like a stalker.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:45 pm

A minute passed. Wallace hadn't rejoined Amanda yet.
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter

Post  Amanda Potter Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Amanda wiggled her wand free from her arm pocket, and waved it, unlocking the dorm room door, and she slipped into the room. "Wallace?"
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:00 pm

The window was open.

Some obviously stoned guy was sitting on one of the beds, staring ahead at the wall.
    Amanda Potter
    Amanda Potter

Post  Amanda Potter Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:40 pm

"Um, do you know where Wallace went?" Amanda awkwardly asked the stoned guy, shifting weight foot to foot.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:41 pm

The guy looked up at her. "... What?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:21 am