The End

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All was well.

+2
Libby Brown
Rachel M.
6 posters

Outskirts Of Appleby, North Lincolnshire

Rachel M.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel & Sophia Sawyer, Max Silva

Number of posts : 12383
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Outskirts Of Appleby, North Lincolnshire Empty Outskirts Of Appleby, North Lincolnshire

Post  Rachel M. Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Yes, a town that is actually mentioned in the Harry Potter-verse.

~

"So, everything's all set?" asked Rachel.

It was the next day after Nick's drama moment, the day he got his promotion. She was meeting with the owner of the house, and right now, they were confirming everything. The owner was an older gentlemen, who had just recently retired, and was going to move with his wife towards the southern end of Britain, so the house was up for sale.

"Yep, everything's all ready." said the man smiling. He was grateful for that red haired girl to have interest in his house. He thought he'd never sell it.

"And, there's land with it, right?"

"Twenty beautiful acres that are all yours."

"Right..." Rachel frowned slightly. "And it's 580,000 pounds?" She would have to take out a loan to pay for the house.

"It's worth with all your getting. You could do so much with the land. Build something... grow something, raise livestock..."

"I suppose your right." Rachel was smiling again. "It's a deal, then!"

And they shook on it.

And yes, Rachel did all of this without telling Nicolas. He didn't really seem to care the night before, so why would he care now?
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Outskirts Of Appleby, North Lincolnshire Empty Re: Outskirts Of Appleby, North Lincolnshire

Post  Rachel M. Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:16 pm

After the old man left, Rachel sighed deeply, and flopped down on the grass, watching the clouds go by, and making shapes into them. That one looked like a bear, that one William Shakesphere...

"I made a good deal... Nick will be really happy..." she mumbled to herself, rolling her body to the side sleepily. Without realizing it, she lost her balance, and she rolled down a small hill.

"Ooop!" she stood up, and brushed the grass off her shirt, trying to save some dignity. But, for once, she didn't care AS much. She was moving out of that tiny old apartment! She had a nice house and plenty of land to boot! Life was looking up!
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Outskirts Of Appleby, North Lincolnshire Empty Re: Outskirts Of Appleby, North Lincolnshire

Post  Rachel M. Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:02 pm

A couple days later, Rachel and Nick were moving into their new house.

Rachel was in the upstairs bedroom, spreading a quilt on her bed, when a few minutes later, she came barreling downstairs.

"NIIICK!!" she screeched, very, very loudly.
    Libby Brown
    Libby Brown
    Libby, Holly, & Drew Brown, Nicolas Sawyer

Number of posts : 9653
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Post  Libby Brown Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:06 pm

Nick, who had been moving the couch from one wall to the other, whirled around to face Rachel. "WHAT?!" he hollered back at her.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:08 pm

"I was changing the sheets... and and in that bed, there is a big, fat brown rat." she said faintly, looking sick. A few minutes later, she perked up. "Go kill it!"
    Libby Brown
    Libby Brown

Post  Libby Brown Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:11 pm

"Oh, for goodness' sake," Nicolas mumbled, pulling his wand out of his pocket and heading upstairs. A few moments later, he came back carrying a dead rat by its tail, depositing it in the trashcan. "Alright, there. I even checked, there aren't any more rats up in that room."
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:17 pm

"Eww!" said Rachel, recoiling in the dead rat. "Go throw it out, and wash your hands!"
    Libby Brown
    Libby Brown

Post  Libby Brown Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:23 pm

"It's in the trash, don't worry." He went and took it outside and washed his hands anyway, though. "All better now?" he asked, smiling softly at her.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:29 pm

"Yeah... thank you." she said, looking a bit awkward. "I'm going upstairs now."
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 pm

Rachel read the letter-it got there a little later then expected, because it had to be sent over to her new house again. She nodded, and she stood up, and scooped Sophia into her arms, with a blanket, a little stuffed butterfly-her favorite stuffed animal, and a couple bottles of formula all in a little baby bag.

With that, she disappeared.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:41 pm

Rachel's house was certainly beginning to fill up! Only just a couple days ago, James had been born, on May 30th, so young, he hadn't been baptized yet. And he was already a big boy, with already some strawberry-blonde colored hair on his head. But he was certainly a crier-much more then Sophia had been. Rachel figured she (and Nick, of course) had been getting up every two or three hours a night lately.

No matter. Having two children were better then having one. Especially because Sophia had already begun walking, and talking.

But there was a problem Rachel and Nick had run into too-if something were to happen to either of them, no one would be able to take care of their children. Rachel's parents had moved away back to Italy, and who knew where Nick's parents were.

One afternoon, while Rachel and Sophia were coloring together, she had a bright idea for a Godparent. Sure, it was a bit of stretch, but she would be better then the others for the job She quickly went over to a desk, and pulled out a sheet of paper and a pen, and began to compose a letter.
    Kelsi Cruise
    Kelsi Cruise
    Cruise family, Digandi family, Jake Yashnid, Eric Kire, various others

Number of posts : 15393

Post  Kelsi Cruise Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:58 pm

And so, Kelsi appeared, knocking on the door. She loved the home, it was beautiful. It was small and slightly tight. She waiting for a while, her dark cloak over her shoulders.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:00 pm

Rachel opened the door, and she was grinning ear to ear. "Kelsi!" she squealed, and she hugged her. "Come in! You have to meet the new baby!"
    Kelsi Cruise
    Kelsi Cruise

Post  Kelsi Cruise Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:26 pm

"Oh my goodness, yes!" she cried out. "How's little Sophia!" she entered, and saw her on the carpet doing whatever. She sighed, her eyebrows up, and fell to her knees. "Hey, sweetie!" she said in an amazingly sweet voice different from the one she uses at school, and stroked her cheek. "Oh, she looks so much like you, Rachel..."
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Sophia stared at her, and mumbled a little greeting, before returning to her coloring.

Rachel giggled a little. "She's a bit shy, but she's really smart! Oh-let me get James!" And she came out holding him in her arms. "He's rather chunky, isn't he? But Kelsi-I'd like to talk to you about something."
    Kelsi Cruise
    Kelsi Cruise

Post  Kelsi Cruise Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:32 pm

Kelsi sighed, her eyes slightly watery. She always grew soft when she saw Rachel's children. To be honest, she was jealous- she wanted to start a family of her own. "I have to tell you something, too. But, you go first!" She gently put her hand on his head, and looked at Rachel. "It's great seeing you again."
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:34 pm

She took a deep breath, trying to relax a bit. "I was wondering... if you wanted to be the godmother to my children."
    Kelsi Cruise
    Kelsi Cruise

Post  Kelsi Cruise Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Kelsi gasped. "N-no.. Really?" she whispered. She felt tears well up in her eyes. "Oh my goodness, please, yes! I'd love to. Seriously. I would. Oh my gosh, Rachel!" she cried out, and managed to hug her friend tightly, crying loudly.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:44 pm

"You're the best for the job..." she said quietly. "The absolute best."

But, in truth, Rachel was jealous of her friends. They were going out and getting a job and taking care of themselves. But, Rachel was completely oblivious to the fact that her friend's bodies' were sending them strange signals to get hitched and reproduce.
    Kelsi Cruise
    Kelsi Cruise

Post  Kelsi Cruise Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:46 pm

"O-oh my God... Rachel, thank you so much." she whispered shakily, and looked down at James. "Hey, James!" she said in a high, small voice. "What's up? Guess what... I'm your Godmother!" she said, and laughed.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:48 pm

"Oh yeah!" said Rachel suddenly, sounding very bright. "James' baptism is tomorrow, around nine-thirty in the morning. You have to be there, as his Godmother, and you have to wear a nice dress or something like that."
    Kelsi Cruise
    Kelsi Cruise

Post  Kelsi Cruise Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:51 pm

"Oh. Got it. I'll be by your house around nine."
    Libby Brown
    Libby Brown

Post  Libby Brown Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:54 pm

Nicolas trudged down the stairs, sliding his typical red cloak on. He smiled at the two girls and his two kids. It was still hard to believe he was a dad to two, already. Judging by the look on Kelsi's face, Rachel had already given her the news. "I'm off to work," he said, giving Rachel a quick kiss. He had a huge grin on his face. "Big day today!"
    Kelsi Cruise
    Kelsi Cruise

Post  Kelsi Cruise Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:02 am

"GUESS WHAT, NICOLAS! I'M A GODMOTHER!" she yelled. "Have fun at work! Hey, Rachel, I need to tell you- I'm quitting for a year from work. I've got to get on with my personal life. I'll probably hang around with Ally for a bit, but I'll be hear with you, and everyone else."
    Libby Brown
    Libby Brown

Post  Libby Brown Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:04 am

"I know, you are," Nicolas gave her a quick hug, before glancing at his watch and Disapparating before Kelsi could finish her next sentences.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:47 pm