The End

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All was well.

3 posters

A country house outside Appleby, in Northern England.

Serenity R
    Serenity R
    Serenity & Selia Rosensteel

Number of posts : 11575
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

A country house outside Appleby, in Northern England.  Empty A country house outside Appleby, in Northern England.

Post  Serenity R Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:32 pm

Last edited by Serenity R on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel & Sophia Sawyer, Max Silva

Number of posts : 12383
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

A country house outside Appleby, in Northern England.  Empty Re: A country house outside Appleby, in Northern England.

Post  Rachel M. Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:38 pm

(CROQUET.)

Rachel approached the house, her eyes growing even larger and rounder by the minute. In such a short time, they had certainly expanded old Mrs. Finn's house.

She timidly walked up to the door, and knocked on it.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

A country house outside Appleby, in Northern England.  Empty Re: A country house outside Appleby, in Northern England.

Post  Serenity R Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:33 am

So, Serenity, who had apparated right into the house from the office, went and opened the door. The inside was all decorated, with brand new, lavish furniture, and rugs and such. She had really done a great job, hanging chandeliers, polishing staircases, putting pots and pans in the kitchen, everything that made the home look really amazing. She had filled every vase with fresh flowers, magically repaired the fountain out front, and enchanted some garden shears to trim up the plants in the backyard. The lawn had been mowed- non-magically, as there was a man willing to do it for little money- and the floors polished. Everything, from the upstairs rooms (one nursery, of course, and a few empty rooms for family expansion, as well as a master bedroom) to the doorknobs of the basement was perfect.
    Serenity only hoped she could pay off the loans quickly enough.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:53 am

"..."

Rachel stared at the place in awe. She was so shocked about what Serenity had done with the place her jaw dropped slightly.

"...What the hell is this? A museum?" she asked when she had gotten her voice back.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:02 am

"This is going to be our house. My family's house." Serenity smiled airily.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:11 am

"Right... you clearly don't know anything about raising children. The whole house will be destroyed!" said Rachel firmly.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:13 am

"What? No! My little angel is going to be PERFECT! Trust me. I'll raise her perfectly. She'll sit up straight and say please and thank you, and always wait her turn to speak, and share nicely.." Serenity was obviously living in a delusional fantasyland. "Would you like to see her room? It's pink.."
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:31 am

Rachel rolled her eyes. "Serenity, we must be real now. No child is perfect, and we must understand this. The only way you'll get a child who does ALL that stuff at the same time is if you genetically alter their personality." she said bluntly, with a smug look on her face as though she thought she knew everything about raising children.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:34 am

"Rachel, it's not about the genetic altering. Badly behaved children are just a product of bad parenting!" Serenity said, smiling sweetly. "Every time they disobey, it's really your own fault. If you're as good a parent you could possibly be, your kids would be as sweetly behaved as angels. That's how I intend to parent my children. If they make mistakes, it's not their fault. It's mine."
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:43 am

"...What?" asked Rachel flatly. "Serenity, it's their own fault! They were the ones who decided to do that!" she sighed. "Serenity, I'm sorry to say, but if you raise you're children like that, they're going to be completely spoiled! I mean there's nothing wrong with positive reinforcement, but all that is a little..." she searched carefully for the right word. "...Much."
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:45 am

"Oh no. You're completely crazy. They'll be sweet as chocolate!" Serenity said. "Now come see the rooms before Elroy gets the address I left it at home for him. He should be back from work and see it and oh, this is so exciting!"
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia & Elroy Astor, Wallace Vainglory

Number of posts : 15932

Post  Olivia A. Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:07 pm

and so they moved in yay
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:58 am

Serenity Rosensteel was lying on the bathroom floor upstairs, staring at the elaborate chandelier on the ceiling. The lavish items in the room weren't making her happy. Her work didn't make her happy. Her husband wasn't happy. The over-the counter drugs she had just swallowed didn't make her happy, either. She sat up, groaned, and lied back down on the floor again.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:43 pm

And so, at precisely seven o'clock, Elroy returned home. Whether instinctively sensing his wife's despair, or urgently needing to relieve himself, he made a beeline to the nearest bathroom. Seeing Serenity sprawled out with that hopeless look to her startled him slightly, but he resigned to the idea that she was having another one of her angst attacks. "What are you doing?" he asked.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:11 pm

"I'm sitting on the floor, what does it look like? There's more bathrooms in the house, you can use another one, you know." She mumbled, not looking away from the light.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:13 pm

He sighed and set his suitcase down on the counter surrounding the sink. "May I sit with you?"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:14 pm

"Sure." Was all she said, and then she was silent for a while longer.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:15 pm

And so he did, joining in her silence.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:18 pm

Serenity couldn't take it after a while- she had to talk. "I have some news. I went to the doctor today."
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:27 pm

"Think you said you were going to... What'd he say?"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:04 pm

"He said that the baby.." She took a couple of deep breaths. Maybe she should just lie to him. "The baby's dead!"
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Elroy looked at her, his pupils contracting. "What?"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:11 pm

"It's dead. I lifted too many chairs and stuff while I was redecorating the house and they put me on drugs and had to remove it and it was a boy, Elroy, and--" Serenity started crying.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Elroy was speechless. Even with the likelihood being so high, he'd never thought it would've gone to this. At least, it wasn't the worst case scenario, but...
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:17 pm

"I'm so sorry." Serenity said, closing her eyes. "Elroy, please don't do anything, like, leave, you know. Please."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:57 am