The End

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All was well.

4 posters

A dingy street in Amsterdam.

Olivia A.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia & Elroy Astor, Wallace Vainglory

Number of posts : 15932
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

A dingy street in Amsterdam. - Page 2 Empty Re: A dingy street in Amsterdam.

Post  Olivia A. Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:33 pm

"You heard me. Fly around the city for a while, enjoy the sights..."
    Serenity R
    Serenity R
    Serenity & Selia Rosensteel

Number of posts : 11575

Post  Serenity R Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 pm

The owl huffed a bit and sat down under the bed.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:59 pm

An owl flew through Charlie's open window and landed on his bedside table. However, seeing that the apartment was empty, the owl began preening its wings.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:11 pm

3:28 AM. Charlie Musschendael was just stepping through the gray, rust-covered door of his one-room apartment. God, it was a pain to have to work the night shift, especially at such a dump of a restaurant as that place. He leaned against the side wall and let out a loud sigh as the door slowly creaked shut of its own accord. "... En zij tippen niet zelfs behoorlijk," he mumbled.

Meanwhile, the owl had fallen asleep while waiting for the sole resident of the room and the recipient of the letter to return. However, upon hearing the door click back into place, it woke up again, stretched out its wings, and let out a cry. Charlie looked up at it, sighed again, and let his head hit the wall again.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sat May 29, 2010 10:29 pm

Chuck

WRITE BACK YOU FAG

-Liv

Charlie stared at the letter for a few seconds, crumpled it up, and threw it out the window.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Serenity appeared in the middle of the street, looking out of place in her professional business suit. "Where am I?" She mumbled to herself, staring at her wand. Obviously she wasn't very good at apparating. She sighed and looked around, then went over to knock on a door. A man came up from behind her and opened the door. "Hello!" She said brightly. The man turned and started speaking rapid-fire Dutch, and pushed her inside. "Um, wait, I don't speak your language. Do you know where the embassy to the United Kingdoms is?" She asked. And then the man slammed the door behind her. "Hold on.." Serenity mumbled.

The man shuffled around in his desk for a few minutes, then brought out a long piece of paper and a pen. He was a muggle, considering that he wasn't holding a quill. Serenity read the piece of paper- it was all in Dutch, and she couldn't understand it. She was starting to shake her head and say that she didn't understand, then she saw the euro sign at a bottom. 100 euros an hour. Serenity started smiling, then pointed to the wage. "Pay?" She asked, one simple word. The man nodded and smiled, revealing crooked teeth. Serenity grinned widely and signed the paper at the bottom. "I need more paper. Paper!" She said, gesturing to the paper. She signed her name at the bottom of the contract, then started writing letters- two of them- to Olivia, and then Selia. She would send them off later with owls. "When do I start?" Serenity asked, going and sitting down on the couch. "First customer-- later tonight. Five hours maximum." Serenity put her feet up and started chilling out, having no clue what kind of job she had signed up for.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel & Sophia Sawyer, Max Silva

Number of posts : 12383
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post  Rachel M. Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:56 pm

(OH GOD. D8)
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:58 pm

[I KNOW. : (] ]
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:00 pm

(Should I be a customer of some sort?)
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:01 pm

[That would be helpful.]
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:03 pm

(I don't really want too... it's kinda gross, but...)

Later on, a tall brunette rather homely man with a big nose came in. He was in his thirties, and he looked around the place. He then saw Serenity, and began to speak in rapid Dutch at her.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:07 pm

(You don't have to be vulgar about it, I didn't want to talk about that anyways.)
    "For the last time," Serenity said, rolling her eyes. "I don't speak Dutch. English. Eee-nnn-gggliiishhh. And, what am I supposed to do here?"
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:10 pm

He spoke some more Dutch, and he grabbed Serenity by the arm, and he dragged her away into a back room....
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:13 pm

Serenity came out five hours later, looking ill. "I don't want to work here. This is crazy, I'm against prostitution. It's on my job application profile!" She screamed at the man. He shook his head and held up the contract at her, and she sat down and started to cry.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:15 pm

The man began to scream at her in Dutch, and he pulled out her contract, and he pointed to a couple sentences on it, and her signature.

He then spoke to her in rough English.

"No work, no pay!"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Serenity shook her head. "But- I can't do this! I don't even know those people! I .." She stopped when she realized that he couldn't speak English, and just kept crying.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:19 pm

The man rolled his eyes, and he accepted the thirty year old man's money, and he mumbled under his breath.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Serenity, after a while of crying, got over the fact and just decided to go with it. She had already lost everything. This was the only thing that would help.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:23 pm

And with that, another customer walked in...
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:59 pm

An owl was perched on the window ledge.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:00 pm

Serenity rushed over to the owl. "One second! One second!" She was saying, trying to stall. She opened the letter.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Ser

Congratulation. I was hoping to go visit Chuck soon anyway. Same aria. You two should meet up. I don't know how to apperate places I haven't been yet. Sucks. Otherwise I'd be out of here like THAT. Classes start tomorrow. Ug.

PS: What happened to being a lawyer?

XOXO Livi
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Serenity smiled at the letter and tucked it in her pocket. Maybe she could talk this guy out of this. "Hola. Me llamo Serenity. Please don't rape me." She mumbled, growing more and more hopeless.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:10 pm

"...I don't speak Spanish." said the man.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:14 pm

"You speak English! Thank God. I got here and I don't know what happened but I signed a contract and now I'm a prostitute and I just want to go back to the United Kingdoms to my sister but we're broke. Please, don't have sex with me. I was a virgin until this morning. Honestly, I was supposed to have this wonderful life and marry this handsome, smart.. I bet he's in his University now and not even thinking about me at all. And I'm totally betraying him." Serenity just kept talking faster and faster.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:10 pm