The End

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All was well.

5 posters

A Small Church in France

Serenity R
    Serenity R
    Serenity & Selia Rosensteel

Number of posts : 11575
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

A Small Church in France Empty A Small Church in France

Post  Serenity R Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 am

Outside the church, snow was falling slowly, adding to the snow already on the ground. Inside the church, Serenity was leaning out her window, calling for Olivia to come help tie her bow. Her hair had been magically extended to just about her waist, and was curled and ready to go. The mask, and the makeup, was on, as was the dress and her shoes, but the bow was hanging limply, and Serenity didn't have the heart to tie it herself, so she just stared blankly into the mirror.
    "Olivia? Can you hurry up?!"

[ http://www.anytimecostumes.com/images/products/large/0169MF100GWF.jpg
    http://dressestalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/knjashs06t833l.jpg ]
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia & Elroy Astor, Wallace Vainglory

Number of posts : 15932

A Small Church in France Empty Re: A Small Church in France

Post  Olivia A. Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:47 am

Meanwhile in the other room, Elroy couldn't get himself to calm down. He was fidgeting with his bow tie, trying to adjust his shoes (a size too small), praying that the years-old macaroni would stay properly glued to his paper mask. You never could know what you'd find up in storage. His best man, a pal of his from work, was going on and on about how positively miserable life was going to be for Elroy, and how this was a huge mistake, etcetera, etcetera...
    --
    "Make a bunny, wrap it around..." Olivia quietly recited to herself while tying the bow. "It looks better untied. All flowy and that. Blends in with your hair though."
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:50 am

"How is he? Is he wearing the mask I picked out for him? Did you see it, because it's all gold and shiny. Have you even gone to visit? Oh, thanks for tying the bow. Go talk to him for me. Please. No, actually, don't. What if he thinks I'm being too possessive? Who cares, you know? Go talk to him. Tell him, uh.." Serenity paused for a moment. "Nevermind. I don't have anything to say. When do you think it'll start, because it feels like it's been forever, and I can't wait much longer."
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:57 am

"Breathe, love." The bow was properly tied, albeit a tad lopsided. "Was going to go check up on him anyway; 've got about fifteen minutes."
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:59 am

"Okay. If he runs away.." Serenity turned serious. "Don't tell me. Or, rather, do tell me. But be nice about it. And try to make sure he doesn't. Bye." Serenity kept looking in the mirror, trying to fix a couple of stray hairs.
    Kelsi Cruise
    Kelsi Cruise
    Cruise family, Digandi family, Jake Yashnid, Eric Kire, various others

Number of posts : 15393
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post  Kelsi Cruise Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:00 am

Kelsi arrived at the entrance by apparating, looking specifically out of place. She held her purse awkwardly, and tried to flatten the light blue dress neatly. It was quite pretty. And she forgot her mask.
    Libby Brown
    Libby Brown
    Libby, Holly, & Drew Brown, Nicolas Sawyer

Number of posts : 9653

Post  Libby Brown Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:03 am

Libby had decided to wear a nice, expensive-looking brown dress. This felt so awkward. Since she hadn't talked to Serenity in, what, four years? This was insane. She was relieved when she saw Kelsi, and ran over. "Thank God I'm not the only one who forgot their mask," she whispered, linking arms with her friend.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:12 am

"Oh, you're kicking me out?" Olivia stepped across the room, twisting the handle of the door. "Fine, fine, I'll go." And she left. It wasn't a far walk to the room Elroy was in, though, just down the hall and third on the left. She entered without knocking. "Hullo, Elroy."

The coworker didn't stop his rant. "... 's not even all that attractive! You could've done SO much better, El! Honestly..." He spoke in a thick Bristol accent.

"Hey." Elroy half-smiled at Olivia. "How is she?"

"I'd have gone for her in maybe primary school, sure she was a cutie, then... Not that I was after it in primary, that would just be silly."

"Panicked."

"Nothing new, then?" This garnered a rather forced laugh. Everyone was at least a little bit nervous; that was enough to trigger such a thing.

"This one little carrot-top girl by the name of Susan... What a little dish, a little slut, at such an age!" The man's name was Robert.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:17 am

Serenity sat down, her skirts ruffling. She wasn't supposed to be so nervous. She was supposed to be blushing, and happy, and on top of things. She couldn't hurl all over her dress.. She was honestly getting worried about this whole thing. Elroy was Elroy. How was he going to stay committed to her? What if he didn't really love her? What if he was running off with some two faced tramp named Charlene? Serenity kept panicking, her thoughts more and more frightened and outlandish every minute.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:35 am

"Are you two even listening?" said Robert, who had already indulged himself at the bar in the reception hall.

"El?" Olivia asked, after neither of them had said anything for nearly two minutes. "Are you really--" She stopped herself. Was this really the time to ask? Even if the vows hadn't been said or the rings exchanged, it was far too late for something like that. So, she switched. "Are you really going to wear that?" She gestured to the macaroni mask he was turning over in his hands.

He smiled, remembering when he'd made it. "Why not?"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Then, suddenly, the wedding started. Not the here-comes-the-bride part, the everyone-is-seated-let's-get-the-show-on-the-road-part. Serenity just sort of stood there, spraying more perfume on herself and fiddling with her flowers, waiting not so patiently.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:59 pm

"It's just that--" Then, the music started out in the hall. Elroy felt that heartburn-like feeling rising in his throat. With one last tug on the bows of his tie, he put on his mask and left the room, Robert in tow. Olivia sighed and went to go take her place as well.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Serenity, after the coast was clear, came out of her little room, trying to take deep breaths. The doors were opened by two ushers she didn't even know, and the song started- some violin and organ thing, Serenity couldn't even remember the song, but suddenly, she could see everything. The guy with the bible, Elroy, Olivia, Selia, who gave a little wave, that creepy best man of Elroy's, and the people she barely knew but had invited anyways were all in sight. It was actually quite overwhelming. Since Serenity's father was an asshole and the only other men she had ever been friends with were either insane or dead, she started walking down by herself. Eventually, after what seemed like forever, she got up there and stared at Elroy intently.
    What the hell is on his--
    Serenity wanted very dearly to smack him, but she restrained herself, and smiled. He had worn the macaroni mask, from that stupid ball she had thrown back in.. well, whatever year it was. That was the night her mom died. What an inconsiderate asshole.
    Still having problems restraining her anger, Serenity kept smiling and tried to concentrate on what the pastor, preacher, whatever he was was saying.

Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Being who he was, Elroy didn't remember any negative connotations of that night. He just smiled down at her, mulling over certain things in his mind.

For one, what the hell was he doing? Did he really love Serenity? Did he really want to take on the rest of his life with such a whiny, bipolar child with him the whole way? Of course he didn't, who would? "Stop looking at me like that," he thought as his eyes passed those of his sister as he inadvertently answered the question she'd withheld minutes ago. Then, why was he doing this? Was this all part of Elroy's childish devotion to taking everything -- everything -- from his now-incapacitated brother? Horrifying! that's exactly what this was. But, Serenity loved him, right? He couldn't run now; it was far too late for that. Did he love Serenity? Probably; somewhere, deep in his heart. He'd just have to dig that out. And so, he did. "I do." Right on cue. Smile, man, smile.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel & Sophia Sawyer, Max Silva

Number of posts : 12383

Post  Rachel M. Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:56 pm

Rachel had remembered her mask, but she wasn't wearing. Instead, she stuck it into her purse. She never liked wearing them.

Rachel looked as lovely and young as a fresh light green leaf, in her pretty dress, but the rather annoyed look on her face ruined the effect. She didn't understand it. Was 2001 and 2002 national marriage years or something? In that period of time, she had gone to many weddings, and she was getting rather tired of the whole thing. The worried bride, the manly husband, the awesome and expensive receptions, the champagne and caviar...

Really, she was more of a beer and pretzel type.

But all these weddings were taking a toll of her. Rachel's cup of jealously was about to overflow...
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:03 pm

Serenity smiled, and said "I do" when the guy asked her. They did the little trade off of the rings, which always left Serenity quite confused as to which one she was supposed to put on, and everything went well. They moved to the reception area, the bustle was taken off her dress so she could dance, and she went up to Rachel, smiling. "Hi! It's so great to see you. I really do like your dress."
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:07 pm

"Hmm..." Rachel gave her a small smile, but her eyes weren't quite there. "It's nice to see you, too! Congrats! Do you know where you're going to live with? Or are you going to have kids soon?" she asked quickly.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Elroy sat himself down at one of the dining tables around the dance floor and ordered himself a beer - one of those imported, expensive ones. Olivia happily joined him, seconding the order. It had been WAY too long since her last drink, and she wasn't feeling too social yet.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:14 pm

"Um... Well, I was thinking maybe Northern England. It snows a lot there. Maybe near you, that would be nice. As for kids, I really don't know. I would love to have loads of kids, but I don't think Elroy likes them."
    Kelsi Cruise
    Kelsi Cruise
    Cruise family, Digandi family, Jake Yashnid, Eric Kire, various others

Number of posts : 15393

Post  Kelsi Cruise Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:55 pm

Kelsi smiled warmly at Libby. "Ahh, it's so nice! I just hope I didn't spend too much on this dress..." she sighed. "Isn't it weird? I mean... we haven't seen Serenity since the end of school." Kelsi said softly. "It's almost nostalgic."
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:09 am

Rachel raised her eyebrows, and she cleared her throat. "Oh wow... up north, huh? You sure about that? I mean, it would be quite the culture shock for you."
    Libby Brown
    Libby Brown
    Libby, Holly, & Drew Brown, Nicolas Sawyer

Number of posts : 9653

Post  Libby Brown Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:31 am

"Oh, you shouldn't worry about the price. If it's too much, I'll pay part of it," Libby grinned, trying to be friendly when she really ended up sounding kind of snotty. "It is... I'll talk to her once Rachel's done. I bet they're having some heart-to-heart or something!"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:07 am

(on my iPod sorry for any mistakes)

"Oh yes! I would love to live up there. The people seem great, and the weather and enviroment seem so nice." Serenity didn't seem to realize the economical state of the area.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.

Post  Rachel M. Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:36 am

"...And rural, poor, among other things..." she mumbled.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:42 am

Olivia strolled up to the bride and the redhead. "Why, if it isn't Monaseem!" She swatted Rachel's stomach. "Pregnant again? Really?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:05 pm