The End

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All was well.

4 posters

A dingy street in Amsterdam.

Rachel M.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel & Sophia Sawyer, Max Silva

Number of posts : 12383
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

A dingy street in Amsterdam. - Page 3 Empty Re: A dingy street in Amsterdam.

Post  Rachel M. Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:17 pm

The man shook his head. "I speak little." he shrugged. "I don't think I can help you." He then left, deciding to leave the poor young girl alone.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R
    Serenity & Selia Rosensteel

Number of posts : 11575
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Post  Serenity R Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:19 pm

"Yes... Wait. That means.. no money." Serenity sighed and went to write her response to Liv.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia & Elroy Astor, Wallace Vainglory

Number of posts : 15932

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:36 am

Ser

Awful formal reply. I've got nothing better to do so I'm writing back. Can't find Anj. Probably in the library. Too quiet there, gives me the creepies.

Address please. No return one on the owl. Don't know how that works. They must be pretty genius, returning right to their owners like that. Rambling, sorry. Anyway, I want to come visit you. Like, soon. Was going to Chuck's like next month. Maybe then?

XOXO Livi
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:51 am

Are you insane? Get out of there! How long has this been going on? Are you INSANE?

O.A.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:54 am

Serenity read the letter, wondering what in the world she would write back. She decided just to wait a while- the night was nearly over, and there wouldn't be any day customers, right?
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:22 am

Meanwhile, across town...

Olivia appeared in the rather moldy hallway, right outside of Charlie's apartment. She proceeded to kick the crap out of the door. "OPEN UP, WE'VE GOT A CRISIS!"

And since it was like, what, five in the morning in the Netherlands for whatever reason, Charlie was asleep. Fortunately, he was something of a light sleeper, and the sudden loud noise in the hallway woke him up. As expected, he was quite startled. "Izopen, it's... key under the mat!"

What an idiot, telling that to god-knows-who. It could have been a burglar for all he knew. But as we know, it wasn't. So, Olivia opened the door. "Skipping the gree-"

"Liv...? What the..."

"I said skipping the greetings. You know the town pretty well, right?"

"... Yeah?" Charlie's speech was slurred, and the migraine he had before falling asleep was returning. "It's good to see you, but why so early?"

"You remember Serenity, right? She's... in a bit of trouble. Here. I don't have much of a lead on exactly where she is, so... She's a whore."

Charlie stared at her, eyes half shut. He blinked slowly. Then something dawned on him. "Wait, you'd think I would know where the red light district was?" His eyebrows knitted together.

"Yes," Liv responded bluntly. "And what's with the accent?"

Charlie's eyelids felt like someone had tied weights to them. So, he solved that by closing them again. "I do know. And I've always had this, you never noticed?"

"I knew you would." The topic of Charlie's suddenly much more prominent Dutch accent was dropped. "Where is it, then?"

"Which one?"

Olivia cursed. "I don't know! She didn't tell me!"

His head hit the pillow again. "Well, that's your problem."

Olivia stole a used napkin off of Charlie's dresser, took the pencil out from behind her ear, and, using the wall as a flat surface, began to write another letter. "OUR problem. I'm dragging you into this." Then she realized that said napkin was, indeed, quite used. "EWW!" She dropped it. "Are you serious!? You can't just do that over the toilet or something?!"

"Don't judge me."
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel & Sophia Sawyer, Max Silva

Number of posts : 12383
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post  Rachel M. Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:26 am

(YES. I HAD TO SCROLL TO READ THE WHOLE THING. <3)
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:27 am

(IT'S BEAUTIFUL.)

Serenity just sat, staring at the door every few moments. Luckily, nobody came through, as it was quite early in the morning. So, she was just stuck there. But she was already traumatized enough for one night.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:29 am

[i'm better at dialogue =w=;;]

Fortunately, Olivia was eventually able to find something to write on. So another letter arrived.

At Charlie's. Where are you. Please tell me.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:30 am

Serenity, open-mouthed, wrote down the address and sent it back with the owl. "Wait.. Chuck lives here? Since when?" She mumbled to herself. She had never really cared about him.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:37 am

And so they got the owl back. "Thank god... Alright, it says..." Olivia read the address. "Any idea?"

"Yeah... tomorrow..." Charlie rolled over so that his back was facing the rest of the room. Olivia rolled her eyes. "Tomorrow," he repeated.

"She could be dead by then! Who knows what the living conditions are like?"

"They're not bad."

"You'd know."

"SLEEPING! NOW!"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:39 am

While Charlie was sleeping, Serenity was sitting in her room, not sleeping, frightened out of her wits. She wanted to leave the building, but she didn't know where she was. She would get lost. She couldn't read Dutch. It was a catastrophe, in her mind, and she just sat there, trying not to cry.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:42 am

Around ten in the morning the next day, there was a knock on Serenity's door.

"Are you sure this is it?" Olivia stuffed her hands in the front pocket of her school-related hoodie.

"Unless they numbered them wrong," droned Charlie. He obviously didn't want to be here. Let alone awake. This was still morning, for god's sake! And on a day off!
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:44 am

The man was out, doing some shopping or something. Serenity opened the door, and promptly screamed. "LIV! OH, GOD, I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!"
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:46 am

Olivia, for lack of a better word, glomped Serenity. "You're an idiot, you know that? You're a real idiot!"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:47 am

"It was horrible, Liv. Don't ever have sex. Don't ever hire a prostitute. Please. It's so horrible."
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:49 am

"I don't intend to! How could you do something like this?! You're supposed to read a contract before you sign it!"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:52 am

"It was in Dutch! It was a hundred euros an hour! That's so amazing-- but I didn't understand it!"
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:55 am

"Oh, damn, that's not bad. Per hour, though? Tough..."

Charlie just sort of stood there. He had to admit, even in such a state of misery, Serenity was still extremely sexy. Of course, that must've been the veela thing at work. Stupid veelas.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:57 am

"I know. If it wasn't so horrible, I'd be sticking with it. Um, come in. Nobody's here right now. I don't even know where the bathrooms are, I've been scared to use them, I keep hearing frogs.." Serenity stepped out of the doorway.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:59 am

"Are you kidding, we're getting you out of here! Go get your things!"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:00 am

"I don't have any money. And, I don't have anything, I was trying to apparate to your university, and I ended up here. My house is owned by the bank, I have nowhere to live, I have no money, and Selia's probably selling my shoes on the street right now. She's probably starving. And it's all my fault. I don't have anything."
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:04 am

"You can live on the island. Bring Selia, too! Forget school for now! Just, you can't do this for a living, it's disgusting!"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:08 am

"Okay. Okay, you're right. Can we stay the night here, though? Well, not here. But I'm really tired, I stayed up all night long. Oh, hey, is that Chuck? You look nice. What have you been doing?" She asked, while stepping out onto the street. Serenity actually looked a bit scared to go outside. "Um, is this safe?"
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:16 am

Charlie snapped out of his half-asleep trance. "What? Oh, nothing rea--."

Olivia cut him off. "What do you mean, is it safe? I've got my wand, we'll be fine. Right?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:33 pm