The End

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All was well.

4 posters

A dingy street in Amsterdam.

Olivia A.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia & Elroy Astor, Wallace Vainglory

Number of posts : 15932
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

A dingy street in Amsterdam. - Page 5 Empty Re: A dingy street in Amsterdam.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:49 pm

"This was it. You're out of there now, would you be okay just staying around here for now?"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R
    Serenity & Selia Rosensteel

Number of posts : 11575

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:50 pm

"Um, no. I don't have any money or anything, should I just sit on a park bench? Or do I have to stay with Chuck?"
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 pm

"I guess so. I'm really sorry to just bolt like this!"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:56 pm

"No, you here for me, didn't you? Just make sure you come back!" Serenity said, laughing. Then she hugged Liv. "Happy apparating."
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:20 pm

"Okay, I love you, be careful, blah blah blah, bye." Olivia apparated away.

Charlie yawned. It was way too early to be outside, let alone even awake. "What now, then?"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:06 pm

"Well, I'm hungry, so I think you should buy me some food." Serenity said, crossing her arms. "I don't have any money, you see."
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:10 pm

"What do you want?"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:11 pm

"Do you have any fast food around here? I like fries."
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:02 pm

"Yeah, of course." He fished through his pockets for a few seconds before remembering he left his wallet at home. "Uh, we'll have to make a stop first."
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:06 pm

"Okay, no problem! Lead the way." Serenity said seriously, brushing some dust off her suit. She hadn't changed since she had gotten here.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:52 pm

Serenity appeared back at Charlie's door, at Christmastime. "She forgot about me.." She kept mumbling, knocking again.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:56 pm

No response. Charlie was out at a Christmas party with a co-worker. Sucks.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Serenity's shoulders slumped. She had been hoping to spend Christmas with somebody she knew. So, she walked around in the snow, looking around in the shop displays.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:39 am

"God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay.." Serenity was singing, walking up and down the street.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:49 am

Luckily or not, Charlie had gotten bored with the party. It was always the same: have a few drinks, bag on their boss, watch some striptease done by some unattractive girl with bedroom eyes and inhumanly plump lips, have a few more drinks, go home completely hammered. He'd 'gone out for some air' around the third drink, and decided against going back. He was wandering around town, admiring the lights and decorations, listening to the steady tap, tap, tapping of his footsteps against the concrete. And who happened to pass by on the opposite side of the road?

Last edited by Olivia A. on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:52 am

Serenity turned, and saw Charlie. She smiled and walked over to him.
    "Hi, Chuck! Happy Christmas. What're you doing out? I checked to see if you were home, and you weren't. How are you doing? Um.. Happy Christmas!" She had been let off work for the night, so she had nothing better to do except talk to him.
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:56 am

Charlie looked down at her for only a moment, his eyes looking somewhat wistful, before returning to the streetlights. "Evening," he grumbled.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:00 am

"Don't look so grumpy! It's Christmas. You should be happy." She linked arms with him, smiling. "There are tons of little children about to have their dreams come true tomorrow morning. Doesn't that make you happy?"
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:04 am

He grimaced, looking off to the side, away from Serenity. "Honestly, no."
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:06 am

"Why do you keep looking away from me? It's rude. Anyways.. Aren't you pleased? Think of the little children running down to the Christmas tree, finding all their heart's desires underneath it. And the parents, who are so happy to see their little children having fun. And everyone is safe and warm inside their houses.. It's just really joyful. And you're ignoring it all."
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:11 am

"How can someone in your position talk about such... happiness?" he asked. "You're miserable, aren't you?"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:14 am

"Yup. Thinking about killing myself after New Year's, actually. I'm done with this. It's demeaning, it's wrong. Nobody back home cares enough to come see me, nor write.. But Christmas is just happy. It's one day where I'm not having sex, and everyone is calm. There aren't any thoughts of alcohol, or dirty things.. It's just so peaceful."
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:17 am

"N-no, you can't... You can't do that." He stopped walking. "Why can't you just quit?"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:20 am

"Well, if I apparated, I'd probably end up in the desert. That's how I got here in the first place. I signed the contract, which means I have some sort of obligation to stay here. I don't speak Dutch, so I can't find another job. I can't go back home to Angel and Selia and everyone I care about without feeling humiliated.. And I need money to live. Or else I'll starve, on the streets."
    Olivia A.
    Olivia A.

Post  Olivia A. Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:34 am

"You can't just kill yourself." His voice was shaking. It was more likely to have been the chill of the cold Christmas Eve night than actual caring, but you never know. "You... you can't!"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:46 pm